Thank you for your interest in a career with Commercial Investigations LLC!
Please read through the information below and provide the necessary contact information.
JOB TITLE: Investigator Trainee (Call Center and Data Entry Associate)
COMPANY: Commercial Investigations LLC
LOCATION: Latham, NY
JOB TYPE: Full-time
RATE: $13.00 per hour
Please Note: There are immediate openings right now to meet the growing needs of our company.
Commercial Investigations LLC, a private investigative company licensed by the State of New York, is growing rapidly as we find ourselves in our thirteenth year. This is a small business and at times everyone pitches in on projects and tasks. We have to say this because we don't hire nor retain those who say or imply something is not their duty, responsibility, or is beneath them. We each gather our own office garbage on Fridays. It takes a great team to grow a company, so if you don't mind tying off your own garbage and putting it in the hall you should join us.
Reports to: Manager of Investigations
This position is responsible for incoming and outgoing verification calls and data entry required for the day-to-day activities involved in background investigations and general investigations.
Duties will be focused on performing background investigation verifications in addition to performing routine office responsibilities.
Essential Duties and Specific Responsibilities:
• Ensure the accurate and timely data entry of information required for the performance of background investigations and general investigations
• Perform verifications of background information via telephone, email, fax and other confidentially acceptable method
• Collect and document information necessary for the accurate and timely performance of background investigations and general investigations
• Assist in background investigation and general investigation report preparation
• Assist the Manager of Investigations with investigations in accordance with Company goals and mission
• Performs a select range of standard background investigation inquiries of individuals to obtain character, financial status and personal history
• Conducts interviews and verifications of employment history, education and reference checks
• Maintains quality across all inquiries and investigations for which they are involved
• Follow policies and procedures including applicable investigative protocols and guidance tools
• Provide assistance in enhancing and modifying policies and procedures including applicable investigative protocols and guidance tools
• Ensure inquiry results are prepared in a clear, concise, logical and impartial manner for submission to clients
• Works to improve production and increase the quality of the work directed
• Acts in accordance with Company goals and mission
• Helps the Company maximize revenues, minimize costs and prevent fraud, waste, abuse and mismanagement of our products and vendors.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge and skills required. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
As a condition of employment, all employees are subject to, and must pass, a criminal background check for private investigative license by the NYS Department of State pursuant to Article 7 of the General Business Law.
• High School Diploma or GED required.
• Trustworthy, personable individual with excellent computer and strong telephone skills.
• Two years of experience in a position involving call center and data entry work preferred.
• Have the ability to work under minimal supervision.
• The Right Attitude
Professional with integrity and sound character will possess excellent communication, observation and time management skills. Upbeat, energetic, takes initiative, dependable, takes pride in work, able to handle stress and have self-control, detail oriented, social, critical thinker, organized, and ability to accept responsibility.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
If you have any combination of a few of those items come join us in our adventure of taking Commercial Investigations LLC to the next level.
We look forward to meeting you!
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. These statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
COMMERCIAL INVESTIGATIONS LLC